Monday, December 3, 2012

Twins



Maddy & I matching head to toe!
Growing up my mom and aunt used to dress my cousin and I in the same clothes, looking back on it sure it was fun and cute, but we weren't twins and now we are completely opposite except that we both share a love for horses. For some reason, I have never had the desire to be a twin, matching my cousin probably did it in for me. Unless, of course my twin was really smart and could take my test and do my homework. That would be my only desire for a twin. Whether I had a monozygotic or dizygotic twin I still have no desire. Even though it is very cool to have a twin for some people, for me it is not. I for one would rather be my own person and not have to worry about another person all the time and not have to share things with them or do stuff. Now that may sound very selfish but I am sure a lot of people would agree. You wouldn’t get all the attention you wanted on your birthday and you’d have to share the spotlight and chances are on your 16th birthday you would probably have to share a car with you twin too. I do know a few twins that either love it or hate it. If I were a monozygotic twin who is an identical twin from a single fertilized egg splitting to form two new individuals I would hate it, people would get you confused all the time and I always feel bad when I get twins confused. For instance there are two twins in my sorority who everybody always gets confused, when one of them got engaged we learned to tell them apart by who has a ring on and who doesn’t, and that worked out great, until the second one got engaged 2 weeks ago and now everybody is confused unless you are close with them and can actually tell them apart. Dizygotic are two separate eggs fertilized by two sperms which are fraternal twins which is more of an ideal twin I would rather be if I had to be one and if I were I would hope I had a twin brother. If I had a twin brother you would always have somebody there for you but you also could be total opposites, which would work out great. Mary- Kate and Ashley Olsen where total twin icons when I was growing up but now you never hear anything about them and I still can’t tell them apart even though they have different hair colors. Twins are just difficult to tell apart no matter what and I would feel awful as a parent getting my child mixed up when they’re younger.







No comments:

Post a Comment