Sunday, December 9, 2012
Divorce
Divorce is an awful thing and has such negative affects on your kids, if it is bad. My cousin got divorced 2 years ago and she have 2 beautiful and smart daughters and it was so sad to see this happen. The girls were nothing but torn from it and had to seek therapy and they're both under the age of 13. During this time I had to babysit the girls and do stuff with them to keep them busy from thinking about what was going on. It broke my heart to see them upset about this and know how much they dreaded having to go over to their fathers house when I would take them. They would have to hang out with the women who their father cheated on their mother with and who he just recently remarried. It sickened me to know that they didn't like spending time with their dad and knowing that they had to fight for his attention over his new wife. Also, if I was a parent that would break my heart to know that about my child hated spending time with me. It's not fair to your child either when both parents are saying nasty things about one another in front of their kids. It's very hard on the girls to deal with this but I know that they are coping better with it. When I was home over Thanksgiving break I got to spend time with the girls and my cousin brought her new boyfriend over to Thanksgiving dinner and it was so good to see her happy and the girls happy. Her new boyfriend also has a daughter close to their age that they get along great with and look up to and that really makes me happy for them but sad to know that they don't care for their new blended family with their dad. I am so lucky to say that I have 2 very happily married parents and am very blessed that I do. I don't know what I'd do without my parents together, its heartbreaking for people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment