Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Childbirth





Childbirth is a very intense thing if had to guess and it leaves me very nervous to have children even though I want three. There are 3 stages to labor and they all sounds very painful. Stage 1 is when contractions begin and it can last between 12 to 24 hours until stage 2 happens. Stage 2 is when the baby passes through the cervix and enters into the vagina. A mother has to start pushing so you can see the top of the baby’s head which is called crowning. The mother still continues to have contractions in stage 2 but once that baby has began crowning there is usually an hour until delivery. Stage 3, the mother pushes a few times until her beautiful baby is out and all with the placenta also known as the afterbirth and this only last a few more minutes. There are many ways you can approach childbirth, such as having it in the hospital, at home, or in a bathtub. I would prefer having it in a hospital so I know that everything would be taken care of. There are always different steps you could have your child, which is getting a caesarian section also known as a c – section or you could have a natural birth. C- section is when they cut the belly and pull the baby out of your uterus or natural birth is when you push the baby out. All of that really freaks me out and gives me second thoughts on childbirth but I know that in the end it is worth it because your children give you joy and make you the happiest person and that is something that I want to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment