Summer of 2011
 |
| All because of a hat |
I never would have expected that I would be at a bar in the Bahamas on a family trip with friends when I would come across my now boyfriend. It is funny how some things work out, when you would never expect it to work out, considering I'm from Florida and he is from Alabama, their was just no way that it could, but it did. It was the summer going into my Freshman year of College, who would have thought we would meet one another just because I was wearing an Alabama hat, and I'm glad I was or I would have never met my soulmate. Kalmijn and Flap (2001) did a study on where people meet and the likelihood of the the influences that occur and if they will "click" on particular dimensions and form a couple. They found out that yes it did, and I strongly back them up on this. It was assortative mating at first sight, my boyfriend and I met because I was wearing an Alabama hat, we shared the same interest of Alabama, and the fact that we were both going to be Freshman at the college, and were on a family trip! We did not find out until later though that we shared even more of the same interest. We fell under the form of homogamy; the degree to which people are similar, and got very lucky. After our trip ended we continued to stay in touch all throughout summer and become really good friends, and it wasn't until the very end of summer when he came down to Florida to visit me that we began to date, before we settled in at college and we have been together since! Not many people can say that they met their boyfriend in a bar in the Bahamas, but I'm lucky to say that I did. I believe it was fate, and I'm very blessed...all because of a hat!
 |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment