Sunday, December 9, 2012

Miss MacWilliam

Receiving my first blue slip in Pre-K with our Principle Mr. Bob Bond
When I was younger I used to play make believe and pretend to be a teacher or horse trainer depending on my mood. I even had my dad make me a office/study room/ "classroom" when we put a new addition onto our house, not to mention I was in 5th grade too. I would pretend to have students and give them assignments and grade them and of course had my favorite student who I always gave "A's" to! When I would play horse trainer I had dreams of being a big time horse trainer,I had all of the most beautiful and incredible horses, won prizes all the time, and drove all the cool trucks and horse trailers, and had the prettiest show clothes! I know that make believe is something you play when you are younger but for me it carried on into my youth or at least until my house got flooded and we lost everything and had to move.  I decided though that when I came to college I wanted to be a teacher so I majored in Elementary Education and I just recently switched my major to Fashion Retail. Looking back now it was much more easier to play make believe than it was to actually try to become a  teacher and now that I look at it, I'm really not cut out to be a teacher and should stick to being a teacher in my make believe life, but my dreams of being a horse trainer I know are still capable. My passion for horses and dream of being a horse trainer will never die down and I know that as a fact. I do enjoy going home over breaks though and going out to my barn and see all the young kids that are just like me when I was younger, and being able to continue with my make believe dream and help give them lessons and teach them how to ride. I'm slowly taking baby steps to becoming a horse trainer of course. I have to finish college and get my degree in Fashion Retail first before I can succeed. It's incredible to be young. You are so innocent and naive.. I wish I could stay young forever. 

Greta & Scout, the best pony & horse any little girl could ever ask for

No comments:

Post a Comment